Apply for a Navy Medicine OpenAthens Account
This account will allow easy but secure access to Navy Medicine enterprise and Command unique electronic Library resources using a single username and password. Library resources have been authenticated by IP address for subscribing libraries. OpenAthens can be used from work, mobile devices, home, and at outside rotations.
To register, you must:
- Be affiliated with a Navy medical department facility to include: research institutes and laboratories, environmental health centers, disease vector centers, schools and training activities, occupational health and prevention medicine units and information management centers.
- Register on-site from your duty location; once registered, you can then access from on and off-site. If you cannot register from your duty location, contact your respective library POC.
- Supply a valid DoD email address to receive your username and password.
- If you do not have valid DoD email address, contact the "Navy Medicine Electronic Library" POC. If you do not belong to any of the libraries listed below, contact the "Navy Medicine Electronic Library" POC.
- When you change duty stations, contact the respective library POC and request to have your OpenAthens account moved to the appropriate library account. Do not create a new account.
Please enter your details on the form below. Please note that all fields marked * must be completed otherwise you will be unable to submit your application.